1. The XXIII International Choral Festival of Medellín "José María Bravo Márquez" - 2024 is a non-competitive event, open to choirs of all categories and from different countries. Its main objective is to share experiences, repertoires, and artistic results of each participating group, to contribute to the strengthening of choral activity.
2. The Twenty-second José María Bravo Márquez Choral Festival of Medellín will take place, September 11 to 15, 2024, in Medellín, the Valle del Aburrá Metropolitan Area and municipalities of the Department of Antioquia.
3. The concerts are free and open to the public of all ages.
1. The choirs that aspire to participate must submit the following documents to the Festival Evaluation Committee before December 5, 2023 (via email):
2. The Evaluation Commission will communicate its decision to the accepted choirs on Febrary 15, 2023.
1. The organization of the Festival will assume the stay of the visiting choirs from September 10 at 6:00 p.m. until September 16 at 9:00 a.m.
2. Opening and closing
3. The repertoire is of free choice, but they must include at least two pieces from its country or city of origin and one work by a Colombian composer.
4. The choirs designated by the Festival Evaluation Commission will participate in the closing Gala, performing works that will be announced once the choirs' participation is confirmed. They will receive the scores of the works to perform in the final participation, which will also rehearse during the Festival.
5. The participating choirs, from the moment of their accreditation in the Festival, will receive the programming of their activities, once confirmed by the logistics committee.
6. All choirs from other cities in the country or abroad will offer a daily concert on different scenarios of the city.
7. The choirs authorize their concerts to be recorded and/or broadcast on radio and/or TV. In addition, they renounce to receive values for concepts of interpretation and image rights.
8. All the members of the participating choirs must assume the provisions established by the Organizing Commission regarding the program, transfers, schedules, food, and lodging. The Commission may make, and will inform, the pertinent changes if unforeseen situations or force majeure occur.
9. Choirs may not participate in activities (choral or artistic) that take place outside the established program unless they were expressly authorized by the Organizing Committee.
10. Any expense not contemplated in this invitation will be the responsibility of each choir or member.
11. Regarding any other unforeseen situation, the Organizing Commission will be at the disposal of the choirs to help them find the best solution.
12. Participants are recommended to take the necessary precautions to avoid the loss of valuables. The Organizing Commission will not be responsible for these events if they occur.
13. Insurance. Choir members must travel with their accident and medical insurance. Choirs are encouraged to take individual insurance. The Festival will NOT be responsible in case of accidents or illnesses.
1. The choirs will stay, exclusively, in the hotels determined by the Festival, in double, triple or quadruple rooms.
2. The director or director of the participating choir will have the right to stay in a single room.
3. The food will be in the places indicated by the Festival and on its behalf. Whoever if feeding is not needed, the choir must inform the Festival organization at least 48 hours before the meal to be canceled.
4. The Festival assumes the payment of lodging, food (breakfast and dinner) and transportation in Festival events, maximum 20 members per choir, plus the director (21 people). The Festival covers from dinner on September 10 to breakfast on September 16, 2024. Choirs that exceed this number must pay the Festival fifty (50) dollars per person per day. The Festival will only cover the concepts already indicated and only for choir singers, NOT for accompanists even if their number is less than that stipulated in this point. If the choir brings companions, they must pay the Festival 70 dollars a day, which includes lodging and food (breakfast and dinner).
5. The transfer of the participating groups and their directors from their city of origin to Medellin, host city of the Festival, and their respective return, will be the responsibility of each choir.
6. Foreign choirs or choirs from other cities in Colombia will have transportation from the airport to the city and vice versa, at no cost. If the members arrive on different flights, the Festival will only assume the airport-hotel transfer for the larger group.
7. Any transportation motivated by the realization of the scheduled concerts will be covered by the Festival.
Note: The expenses of the social and tourist acts will be assumed by each choir.
For effective communication, please contact Jorge Hernán Arango García: email@example.com WhatsApp +573127913071